Friday, October 30, 2009

You have to be kidding me...

This website is ridiculous. Plough Publishers gives away all their books for free as pdf downloads. You are probably asking yourself, "Which of these books should I download?" The answer is all of them. But if you do not want to download them all, I would download all the books by either of the Blumhardts. Johann Christoph Blumhardt was a late 19th, early 20th century pastor, politician, preacher, evangelist, faith-healer, and theologian from southern Germany. "Why should I care about this Blumhardt fellow?" is the question you should probably be asking yourself at this point. Have you ever heard of Karl Barth, maybe Dietrich Bonhoeffer, surely Jurgen Moltmann? What do these three theologians have in common? Well, besides their German heritage and prominence as theologians, each of these three were deeply influenced by the life and work of both Johann and Christoph Blumhardt. Enjoy my friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Blumhardt's participated in exorcisms. That doesn't creep you out? I should be finished with all their books, not many on this site, in a week or so. Inner Life is really long.